Tina Arana Anderson
Intuitive Guidance and Coaching, Creator of UnChaos Yourself. No BS Gal.
This is part of my story - my Hero's Journey. We all have one. You do, too.
For the longest time, I had confusion about who I was and how I could best use my gifts. My adolescent years were somewhat of disaster even though those around me had no idea. I was repressed. I was confused. I was in survival mode at the age of 14 until I left for college. I was using food, pot, cigarettes, Pink Floyd, boys, more food, and rebellion as a way of coping.
As I moved into adulthood, the worst part was living a lie. Happy on the outside, binging and purging in my private hell on the inside…
From bulimia to disordered eating to body dysmorphia to always comparing myself to everyone else doing “better” than me, to not being able to focus my career in one direction, to being a fixer. I often wanted to disappear.
Cluttered thinking, self-criticisms, and of course eating binges were my companions for many, many years.
“Why was I repeating destructive patterns? Why couldn’t I figure out what was best for me? Should I do this? Should I do that? What will people think? Everyone is doing better than me. Fuuuuuuuuck!”
So, I tackled my issues from every which way possible. From books to more books to articles to more articles to podcasts to blogs and spending nearly a year with both a nutritionist and a psychotherapist. I cycled through tactics over and over and over again.
In 2013, I interviewed Dr. Omar Manejwala about his new book, “Craving. Why We Can’t Seem To Get Enough.” I started to understand my undesirable yet repetitive decision making from a new perspective. He also explained that change results from what you start doing rather than what you try to stop doing. Looking back, I also saw where and how I held myself back from joy and from my own truths.
I also had a spiritual awakening in 2014 and it opened doors to awareness, acceptance, and empowerment (and, even wholeness) in ways I never thought possible.
This transformational journey for me has brought me to this exact point. I had to experience all of it. (But, you don’t have to). I have earned my Hero's Journey and I will honor it by helping others get out of confusion and into clarity and deep joy as much possible.
I am on a mission to raise the collective and generate peace and harmony for all, and not just because of the times we are in. I was born with this mission. Because...life is absolutely precious and we now know more than ever how it can change in an instant.
Hoping that Spirit touches your heart in some way just from reading this part of my story.
Stay in your lane with all the excess chaos out there. There's a much, much, much bigger process going on. Believe in your journey and your path. Listen to your heart, not just your head.
A LITTLE MORE ABOUT MY BACKGROUND
- MA in Management & Leadership with a thesis in emotional intelligence
- BA in Journalism/Advertising.
- Licensed Angel Therapy Practitioner/Certified Angel Card Reader
- Certified SOAR Master Intuitive
- Usui Reiki Master
- Basic & Advanced (Transcendental) Dowsing
- EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) training
- Integrated life coaching program
- Retired Certified Fitness Instructor and Personal Trainer (for 35 years)
- Former Continuing Education Provide and Master Trainer for Star Trac
- Former acting, video, cable, and voiceover career with international clients
- Former Morning Show Producer/PSA Coordinator for The Wave (94.7 FM) in Los Angeles
- Fromer Assistant to the Morning Show Producer of the Mark & Brian Show at KLOS (95.55) in Los Angeles
- Former Co-Host of Blake Aaron Live with Tina Anderson (syndicated radio show) and also on KSBR (88.5)
- Former Host of Life In The Groove, a syndicated AM/FM, interview based radio show on wellness.
- Former producer and host of Moments of Serenity, an inflight radio show on American Airlines
- Former adjunct professor at Saddleback College (for 17 years) in the radio-cinema-film department.
- Over seven award-winning years in public relations, marketing and media relations, incuding creating and running the marketing department for the Sawdust Festival in Laguna Beach, Calif.
- Experienced in hosting, emceeing, speaking, educating, presenting, facilitating, broadcasting, teleprompter, script writing, and general production
By the way, looking for an emcee, host, speaker and/or moderator to add love, light, levity and tons of positive energy to your event or fundraiser? Please email me to discuss the details at tina@tinaandersonOC.com.